Saturday, October 22, 2011

Genius writers


I like writing and reading good books. Because those things are my passions. Somehow, I think that my life and one of the books that I love were kinda same. Writing is like talking. And I really like the swirl and the swing of words as they tangle with human emotions. So that's why I have my own favorites writers. I think they all genius. Because they've wrote those beautiful words, and made me feel what they feel. Let's see who's on my favorite genius writers list :

1. Paulo Coelho

    
Paulo Coelho is a writer that has a very nice and logic stories. I've read The Witch Of Portobello, Brida, The Alchemist, El Zahir, Eleven Minutes, and The Winner Stands Alone. All of his books are great. My favorite is The Witch Of Portobello. He's also the owner of Paulo Coelho Institute, which is provides financial support to Creche Escola Meninos da Luz, Lar Paulo de Tarso (in the Pavão-Pavãozinho favela, Rio de Janeiro), who look after these 430 children. I also love his quotes. And I always Retweed it them on Twitter everytime I read one of his beautiful words.

2. Nicholas Sparks.

 Nicholas Sparks is my favorite love story writer ever! If you already read The Notebook, A Walk To Remember, The Last Song and Dear John,  I'm sure you already seen the movies also. There is something that Nicholas always write on his books. I think he always high on love. That's why he can write  a very sweet stories, whether have a happy or not happy ending. My most favorite story is The Notebook. I guess we can't find the meaning of true love before you know this story. It's a very sweet and toucy story.

3. Jostein Gaarder

 
 The genius writer from Olso, Norwegian Jostein Gaarder. My favorite book ever is Sophie's World. The story was epic! Makes me breathless. I really don't understand why he can wrote such a very nice, genius, unbelivable, unpredictable story like that. What was on his mind? But you should read The Orange Girl and The Solitaire Mystery also. And you will find a very Viking, Norwegian story from him.

4. Khalil Gibran


If you are a romantic person, then I'm sure you will like this Arabian writer, Khalil Gibran. Just read the books of Broken Wings, Music, Spirit Brides, The Prophet, The Earth Gods, Sand & Foam, and many more, you will find a very romantic and full of love story with nice poems and quotes. Every women must be in love with his poems. Khalil's words can make you think and cry in the same time.

5. Seno Gumira Adjidarma

 This writer from Indonesia Seno Gumira Adjidarma, also has a very sweet romantic love story everytime he wrote his books. My favorites are Sepotong Senja Untuk Pacarku and Sebuah Pertanyaan Tentang Cinta. It's like Seno's really can understand what reader feels. Everytime I read a short story, Senja Hitam Putih, I imagine how does it feel if this world were only Black and White? Oh, by the way, Seno's is my dad's bestfriend. And his son, Timur Angin, is my friend. He's one of the talented photographer and writer also. Same as his dad.

6. William Shakespeare

"To be or not to be, that is the question" Who doesn't know this famous quote from William Shakespeare, the unforgetable writer and poet from England. If you a poetry lovers and a daydream person, then I'm sure you will like A Midsummer Nights Dream, Romeo & Juliet, Hamlet, Julius Caesar and Macbeth. Every words that he made, will take you're breath away.
7. Sori Siregar


Last but not least, this is one of my favorite genius writer and also my favorite man. Yes, he is my dad, Sori Siregar. No wonder I also love writing and books. Well, it's a blood thing you know. My favorite stories are Wanita Itu Adalah Ibu, Kisah Abrukuwah, Sang Aktris and Suatu Ketika Dalam Hidup Ini, that he wrote when my older sister got married. Nothing more I can say except I love him, I adore him and I'm proud of him.



Once, wise man says : "The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous of the words being there. Written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible"







No comments: