Saturday, September 24, 2011

Goodbye R.E.M


REM frontman Michael Stipe has announced the band will split if another member of the band leaves. The band was left as a three-piece when former drummer Billy Berry decided to leave the band ten years ago. Despite continuing without Berry, Stipe insists the band will quit if either guitarist Peter Buck or bassist Mike Mills decide to walk.Stipe says, "If two members had left, we'd have to do something different."People miss out on one key thing about when Bill left music to be a jobbing farmer."The first thing he said to us was, 'If I'm going to be the guy that breaks up REM them I'll stay and be miserable and, in some limited capacity, I will still be the drummer of REM. But I don't want to travel or do press"
Well, it's too bad to hear that news. REM is one of my favorite band when I was at Junior High. I even have their favorite songs : Night Swimming, Man On The Moon, Losing My Religion, Everbody Hurts, and Shinny Happy People. But I guess now it'll be Not so Shinny Happy People again :'(





No comments: